“Automation System” and “automation and control systems” are often used interchangeably for the technology area which deals with the supervision and control of various industrial equipment and processes. In a broader perspective the industrial automation/Automation system includes sensors, data acquisition, actuators, process control, system supervision, control and coordination of multiple equipment, systems and processes. Traditionally the automation is achieved by various means including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic devices and computers, usually in combination. In general an electrical/electronic process control and automation systems such as SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition), DCS (Distributed Control System), PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) or PAC (Programmable Automation Controller) is used in various industries.
This system can be used to get exposure on various aspects of Industrial Control/Automation systems including Data Acquisition, Communication, Process Monitoring and Control for researchers, students and enthusiasts. This can also be used for process control and automation in industries with a minimal up-gradation in hardware as per the industry requirement.
- Industrial automation
- Data acquisition system
- Smart grid
- Utility monitoring and control
- Study/Research in industrial automation.
Licensing Terms: Technology is ready to be deployed in any existing setup with followings costs
- Sensor Installation Cost of about Rs 15000/- per Sensor,
- Gateway Installation Cost: Rs 25000/- including cost of Gateway per machine
- Data Acquisition and Analysis Cost of Rs 25000/- for single setup on One Machine
- Functionality based on Trigger point: Rs 20,000 per Triggering Point
- Maintenance Cost of Rs 5000/- Annually.
- For any other new Functionality we can work in Co-product deployment mode.